Chronic Pain Study: We Want To Cure Chronic Pain
The Center for Musculoskeletal Pain Research is looking for Research Volunteers
Fibromyalgia (FMS) and other chronic pain disorders are difficult to diagnose and treat. We want to study peripheral and central nervous system factors of pain which are at the source of body-wide symptoms such as pain and fatigue in FMS and other chronic pain conditions. Our findings may aid diagnosis and inform physicians for better treatments of chronic pain conditions.
What will be done during your research visit?
For your appointment, we will:
- Perform careful testing of pain sensitivity on your skin and muscles
- have you fill out questionnaires
- potentially invite you to participate in brain imaging
- Always inform you beforehand what test will be done and what to expect
Most tests are relatively easy and straightforward. More importantly, you can decide at any time that you want to stop testing for any reason.
You may be eligible to participate in our study if you:
- Are between 18 to 70 years old
- Have wide-spread pain (more than 3 body areas)
- Have pain for more than 3 months
- Do not have diabetes or cancer
If you have any questions or concerns about our research study please contact us.
Compensation for Time and Travel
We offer monetary compensation for qualified volunteers. Volunteers will also receive a free parking voucher for the duration of their visit.
For more information
If you are interested in participating or have any questions or concerns about our research study please contact us at:
- Phone: (352) 265-8901
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact box: Fill out the contact box with your information and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are located at the Health Science Center of the University of Florida (Shands Hospital)