Help us understand the cause of chronic fatigue and pain
We need healthy volunteers to answer important questions about chronic pain and fatigue. Chronic fatigue and pain is a problem affecting many people across the world. Much is still unknown about the causes of fatigue or pain. Chronic fatigue and pain have been linked to abnormal brain activity contributing to cognitive function abnormalities, including working memory.
What will be done during the research?
For your appointment, we will:
- Perform brief testing of your pain sensitivity to identify if you are more pain-sensitive than other individuals.
- Have you fill out questionnaires
- Potentially invite you to participate in brain imaging
- Always inform you beforehand about every detail related to these tests and what to expect.
- Appointments will last approximately 1.5 hours
Most tests are relatively easy and straightforward. More importantly, you can decide at any time that you want to stop testing for any reason.
You are eligible for our research if you:
- Are between 18 to 65 years old
- Do not have claustrophobia
- Do not have significant fatigue, pain, or depression
- Do not have diabetes, cancer, or weigh over 250 lbs.
- Do not have metallic objects in your head or carry a pacemaker
Compensation for Time and Travel
Besides helping us to identify some of the causes for chronic pain, we offer monetary compensation to volunteers. You will also receive a free parking voucher for the duration of your visit.
Participate in Research
If you are interested in participating or have any questions or concerns about our research please contact us at:
- Phone: (352) 265-8901
- Email: email@example.com