Dr. Roland Staud’s Fibromyalgia Books
Dr. R. Staud is the author of a chapter on Fibromyalgia Syndrome in this textbook (Editors Daniel J. Wallace, MD and Daniel J. Clauw, MD). This 432-page text provides a wealth of information and comprehensive illustrations on Fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndromes. Published in April 2005, the main focus of Dr. Staud’s contribution is the role of central pain processing abnormalties for pain in fibromyalgia. Validated measures of central sensitization are presented and how they relate to fibromyalgia pain.
Click here for more…
A self help book for Fibromyalgia patients and their families, by Dr. R. Staud and C. Adamec, 2007.
This book explains the most recent research on the biological abnormalities that are responsible for the increased pain experience of fibromyalgia patients. The authors offer guidance on the wide range of medications, exercises, and complementary therapies that can help manage FMS and explains how they work.
Click here for more…
Rheumatic Sites of Interest
- American College of Rheumatology
- Arthritis Foundation
- Learn new approaches to reduce your pain from a clinical scientist at the University of South Australia
Treatments of Rheumatologic Disease
- Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis – Drug Information
- RxList The most extensive searchable database on drugs on the net.
- Osteometer Extensive information on the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Behcet’s Disease Excellent information on this rare form of vasculitis.
- Polymyositis and Dermatomyositis Information on the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of these rare muscle diseases
- Fibromyalgia Information
- Fibromyalgia Network
- National Fibromyalgia Association
- Multiple Links to FMS Pages
- Rheumatology Divison National Institute for Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases at the NIH
- Arthritis Center at Johns Hopkins University
- Rheumatology Division at Johns Hopkins at Baltimore
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Lupus Home Page from the Lupus Foundation