— University of Florida Experts on Chronic Pain —
If you have never participated in research before, you may feel somewhat uneasy about signing up. We want you to know that you will:
- Enter a highly controlled and safe environment
- Our knowledgeable staff will provide you with lots of information
- Most importantly, you can change your mind and stop testing at any time.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions; our staff will assist you in any way possible.
Contact us by filling out the “Contact Us” box on the left
Meet our research staff
What will be done during the research?
We will perform comprehensive testing of your pain sensitivity to identify why your pain-sensitivity is so much higher than that of individuals without pain.
- These tests may include brain imaging and sensory testing.
- We will always inform you beforehand about every detail related to these tests
- We will always inform you on what to expect.
- Tests are easy and straightforward.
- More importantly, you can decide at any time to stop testing for any reason.
How much time will it take?
The amount of time varies depending on the tests performed
- Our lab members strive to accommodate your scheduling needs
- We will be happy to help you find the best study for you
- Contact our research center to speak with one of our staff members.
Compensation for Time and Travel
Besides helping us to identify the cause for chronic pain, we offer monetary compensation to our volunteers. You will also receive free parking vouchers for the duration of your visit.
Pain is BOTH physical and emotional
Chronic pain is not simply a physical sensation. It also has emotional, cognitive, and memory components that can affect your daily life. Our studies focus on all of these factors in order to better understand and treat chronic pain conditions.